Friday, September 11, 2009

9-11

Today serves as a melancholy reminder of the worst tragedy that has taken place in my lifetime.

Dwelling on the events of September 11, 2001 for any extended amount of time only serves as an all-too-sobering reminder of how quickly things can change and how fragile lives can be. I promise this won't be a melodramatic bleeding heart post, but I'll just offer some food for thought before I change subjects. Be appreciative and don't take anything for granted because the people who went to work and boarded those plans that fateful Tuesday morning didn't plan on never seeing their loved ones again.

In other news, Thursday I saw Jerry Seinfeld perform stand-up comedy at the Oklahoma City Convention Center Music Hall. I have been a fan of his for years, but in December of 2008 I acquired the complete series of his television program on DVD. So in recent months I have gone from a casual fan to a more hardcore Jerry Seinfeld fanatic.

My father purchased tickets several months ago for my 21st birthday present, as the performance took place four days after my birthday. So my dad took the afternoon off and picked me up in Norman on the way to Oklahoma City for the show. We had a fantastic time eating and drinking before the show, and the stand-up act was the most entertaining I had ever seen. If ever I get the chance to see him again, I absolutely will travel a great distance and pay a large amount of money to make it happen.

Upon my return to Norman, the fun was just beginning. I went to The Deli and watched a band perform with some friends! I ended up staying up entirely too late, but I still made it to work on time at 8:30 the next morning. Sweet Victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment